This is the first time I’ve used substance painter and already think it would be much easier to use as a part of the pipeline when I’m more comfortable with the software. I started out by creating height by messing with the alphas in the shelf and applying them to the model. After I finished that I exported the height levels by turning them into a normal map so I could them use it to bake all my other maps. For the textures I applied a simple worn steel material and turned up the grunge scale, then after for the rust I created a black mask so it was transparent and used a generator to create that effect.
I’m pretty happy with how the texture looks and I understand how to use the software more but I wish it could have went a little bit more smoothly.